Thursday, December 31, 2009

happy new years

I want to wish everyone out there a happy new year. Obviously, this past year has been a little different. So I'm counting on this year being a lot better. I want to thank all the people who have supported me over the past year. You don't know how much that has helped.

I had an appointment with my radiation oncologist last week, and found out that my stable condition is a lot better than expected. He told me that with the type of cancer I got and being in stage IV that it is rare to see this type of cancer not getting worse. He mentioned that being stable for a three-month period is very good, but to be stable for over six months is really good. He also mentioned that the tumors are more hollow which means there is less cancer cells and he said there's probably less than a teaspoon size of cancer cells in their. Of course this isn't good enough for me so I am going with this super aggressive approach on my peroxide therapy to see if I can rid the cancer altogether. So according to my directions for my peroxide therapy, instead of three drops of peroxide for every 6 to 8 ounces of water, I'm going with their recommendation for more serious conditions which is 25 drops for every 6 to 8 ounces of water, three times a day for three weeks, followed by the same ratio, two times per day for the next six months. What is really scary is that I am getting used to the taste of that stuff. So it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, plus it's a small price to pay with a lot of upside potential. As far as the diet goes, I'm still having my grog every morning and still staying away from sugars and starches and red meat but have added white meat and every once in a while will cheat and treat myself to something like a slice of pizza or my wife's famous lasagna, but it would only be one slice or one piece at a time. I did have a slice of pizza the other day, and I tell you it smelled a lot better than it tasted. I guess it's amazing, how much better you feel when you eat food that is good for you compared to food that has all that non-good stuff in it. Even though it is one small slice it really felt heavy in my stomach.

Considering all the things that happened to me in 2009, the year went by really fast. I thought with my previous lifestyle of being so active in my new life style of turtle boy that it would only feel like April of 2009 by now.

Since this is New Year's, I must have resolutions with everyone else out there. So here they are;

1. Completely eliminate the cancer.

2. Be able to walk like a normal person.

3. Enjoy the company of friends and family.

I'm just going to start with these three which are huge. I can always add more based on how the above three workout.

As usual me and my wife always appreciate company and anything you can do to help make our life easier, especially my wife Sue, because like I mentioned before she needs to get out more and away from me.

So upcoming things for me, in January I will be having my nerves and muscles tested to see what can be done as far as the paralysis and at the end of February I will be having another MRI. Otherwise, I am pretty much home all the time, which is okay because I really don't want to go out in the crappy weather.

pogo

1 comment:

  1. Way to Go Pogo... You are an Inspiration to everyone. Keep up the Great work and have a Great New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete