Thursday, December 24, 2009

M & M

I know this is pretty obvious, but I think we all know that M & M is an abbreviation for Merry Christmas and medical update. So I apologize to all of you who knew that already.

Well, let's jump into the medical first. I got my MRI results yesterday, and everything is stable. Since there were only three choices, which would be shrinking, stable, or growing, I'm okay with the stable( as long as there is no horse shit in the stable). The tumors have been stable since early April, which by my calculations is 8 1/2 months. Based on this news and what I know now as far as what cancer cells like and what cancer cells don't like, I'm going to be a little bit more lenient as far as my diet goes. This is a big relief for my wife who really wasn't too thrilled with making all these different specialty dinners, plus trying to feed our son, and herself, which means she was making three different meals. So basically for myself, I'm still going to have the grog every morning, and I am still going to be on the peroxide therapy, I'm going to stay away from all types of potatoes and pastas and anything loaded with sugar which is basically candy, cookies and any type of food that has a lot of hidden sugar in it. I still be eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, but I will be be occasionally treating myself to some white meat, such as chicken breast, turkey breast, and non-coated fish. I may also sneak in the occasional slice of pizza or a sub sandwich and actually order something off of a menu at a restaurant. As much as I like beef, I'll probably stay away from that, but at least this should give me more variety and I won't have those commercials driving me nuts plus the smell of Brad heating up those leftovers. I figured since before I started the special diets things were still saying stable, so this way I will still be hyper oxygenating the cells and the vitamins I'm taking will help strengthen the cells plus increase the alkalinity, which again normal cells like in cancer cells hate. This is kind of what I was hoping would happen, so I guess the power of the mind was hungry.

Continuing on the medical front, my left shoulder was getting sore when I would move it a certain wayso I thought it may have been out of the socket, so I also stopped in to see an orthopedic surgeon and he took some x-rays in the shoulder was fine, just tightness of the tendons and muscles from lack of use. The left arm is still a useless appendage at this time. However, this doctor referred me to another place where they will evaluate muscle activity and nerve activity, so we can see if the brain is sending a signal that is getting blocked or where the problem may be. So we actually are going to do something that is scientific and not just people telling me that everything will be normal again. This I will be finding out sometime in January. They are not too worried about the legs since I use them all the time, but it is just going to take some time but will hopefully be able to walk like a normal person again. My next MRI is scheduled two to three months down the road, so hopefully my new modified diet will keep the tumor stable. I figure with my positive mental attitude and my good looks that we should be keep things stable.

I also want to thank my friends who have been visiting me for conversation and games, it is always nice to be around people.

Now for the Merry Christmas part. It seems a little different this year with all that's going on but am anxiously looking forward to spending some quality time with the family. On Christmas Eve, my mom, my younger sister, Carol, who is in from Kansas City, and of course Jack, Lisa, and our little buddy, Parker, will be coming over, and chicken is the main menu, which sounds like white meat to me. We will not have Jesse and Cory with us on Christmas Eve because that is when Cory's family celebrates Christmas. On Christmas morning we will have Jesse, Cory, Jack, Lisa, and of course Parker. This will be the present opening time. On Christmas afternoon, we will be going to Sue's side of the family, so I should have my fair share of people to visit. My sister, Carol will also be in town till next week Wednesday, so this next week should really be great.

There is one extremely important person that we don't want to forget about which is my wife, Sue who needs to make sure that she can spend some quality time with friends and family and get away from me every once in a while. Because we all know the saying,"too much of a good thing"(me being the thing). So if anyone out there wants to take her out to lunch or just call her to talk, or for some other activities, that you think she may like, don't be a stranger.

pogo

1 comment:

  1. HI,
    We're so happy to hear that your MRI showed you're stable!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
    Enjoy reading your blogs and nice to see you still have your sense of humor.
    Tom & I still miss you when we come in for our appointments. "Carole & Tom wilde

    ReplyDelete