Friday, February 26, 2010

MRI results

Well I got my MRI results and I was a lot more optimistic than the images. We know this is an extremely aggressive cancer, and my nine months of stability have ended. There were four areas that increased in size which also included crossing over to the other side of the brain. So he said it's possible that when it crosses to the other side, you may get a little wacko. But then again, how would I know, since I'm pretty wacko already. So we are going on to plan C., which we knew would eventually happen. We knew that if my home remedies stopped working they would have to get into chemotherapy. So they scheduled me ASAP which happens to be Monday, March 1 at 1:15 PM. I know they talked about a AVASTIN, which is the drug of choice for the type of cancer along with some other type. It is given through IV and I know the major side effect is increase bleeding due to blood thinning. This could prove to be interesting since my blood is pretty thin right now. I have a lot of bruises and when I bump into things which I don't even know I'm doing half the time because of lack of feeling, I lose a layer of skin down to the area where there are blood vessels. Special note; when you put a corticosteroid on the area be ready to scream bloody murder because it stings like crazy and not just for a second but for a good half hour. Lesson learned the hard way. I'm not sure if I have skin or wet toilet paper wrapped around me. So it looks like I'm going to be logging a lot more hospital time.I will probably get everybody up-to-date next Tuesday.

Now there is always a silver lining, because I said depending on my MRI results which in this case, it got worse, I would change my diet around so I could eat more types of food that I enjoy and start going to restaurants and eating anything I like. I will still have my grog in the morning until I run out of the supplies to make it, and I will continue with my peroxide therapy and my Avamar therapy which I will have been on for two weeks so it really hasn't a chance to kick in. I will still be trying to keep the sugar content down too.

Now let's get to the cheerier side. This past Tuesday, I was at the hospital from 12:30 PM to 6:15 PM. I started on the 12th floor for support group then walked down to the basement for the MRI then to the second floor for blood test then to the Kinsley wing to visit a friend who unfortunately is a head case like me, but the good news for her is that it is not cancerous. Of course anytime you're dealing with the brain, I guess we could never consider that good news. So anyway I got my fair share of walking in that day. when I got back home, 4 former ballplayers that played on my team were waiting for me for dinner and a movie. As usual, I don't mention names,"houghever" one of them brought over his homemade recipe for burritos which were excellent. Someone else was in charge of bringing the movie, which was quite an"undertaking", because he just brought the disc, and as far as we know it is still in the movie theaters. This could explain the black SUV parked across the street with the two guys in a black suits and sunglasses. He said it was an action adventure film, called on "the edge of darkness", and I thought to myself this is good because I need something with a lot of action to keep me awake after a long day. But I think the movie could've been renamed to"the edge of nodding" , Since it put me out and when I did wake up and looked around I wasn't the only one nodding off. but because of the movie and bringing it in that disk it opened the door for a lot of humor. for action-adventure movie, it was only missing two things, and that was action and adventure, otherwise it is pretty much right on.

Until next Tuesday, goodbye to one and all.

pogo

No comments:

Post a Comment