Monday, February 1, 2010

one-year anniversary

Well it's been 365 days since I hit the wall, so to speak. February 2 is the official anniversary date of when this all started. And surprisingly enough, this year went by pretty fast. My goal in life right now is to prove to Dr. doom that he doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to life expectancy. Since he gave me 12-18 months, so far I've proved him wrong on the short end. And considering I feel great and have no symptoms, just the paralysis, I expect to be around for quite a long time. I am debating whether to send him an anniversary card every six months.

This will be a shorter blog today. When I thank friends I usually do not mention their names only because I don't know if I need their signed permission or they don't want to see their name in lights.

I had one friend that just happen to stop over. I asked him if he knew anything about electricity, because when my daughter tried to rewire the family room things stopped working. He said he would take a look but wasn't overly confident. Well I'm glad to say that he fixed the problem and the house is still standing.

I also want to thank another friend who took me to see,' whose line is it anyway', at the Pabst Theater on Saturday. It was also nice of him to pay for everything. It was a great show and was being taped so we may be on TV or be on a DVD. I know that laughter is the best medicine and i also know that gut belly laughter will kill cancer cells, so i wouldn't be surprised if I am now cancer free. We plan on making this an annual event and maybe get a big group together next January for this.

pogo

2 comments:

  1. Keep proving Dr. Doom wrong. Glad you're doing so well! Kathy & Fred Ritzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really an inspiration to everyone. Since Tom is just beginning his battle with this horrible disease, we hope he has good results also. Finishes radiation on friday and will probably start chemo in a couple weeks. We are trying to remain positive. "Carole Wilde"

    ReplyDelete