Tuesday, January 26, 2010

POGO VS THE WORLD OF ELECTRONICS

This was really not much of a contest. In fact, I'm lucky to be able to get this blog done, because when I went to my dictating system, it said recognition aborted, so it took some time to get that fixed.

On Friday, my brother-in-law came over to play some chess, and cribbage. He also brought over a Lewis Black DVD for us to watch after the games. If you ever want to meet two people who knew nothing about how to play the DVD, we were definitely in a class by ourself and the word remedial comes to mind, and we were flunking that. We spent over a half hour trying to get this thing to work between the five clickers and who knows how many buttons. We were able to find out which was the DVD player and actually inserted the DVD. After a while we were able to get the audio but no picture. I think I pushed every button there was on all five clickers with no results. About a half-hour later my son Brad came through the door, and pushed one button and lo and behold there was a picture and sound. I swear I pushed that same button that he did at least 20 times. So by that time our wives got back from their lunch, so we never got to see the DVD.

The next day, I was on the computer and was going to clean outall the e-mails that I had sent over the last few years which was well over 1000. There were some important e-mails that I needed to save and they were hard to find because there was so many. So I had to individually check the boxes of the sent e-mails that I didn't want and delete them individually. However, when I hit the delete button, it deleted everything and not just the items that I had checked. This was important data for my accountant and attorney who both checked to see if we could recover the data through the computer, but unfortunately it was not possible. I also could not use the computer, until we were sure that we could not retrieve the data through this computer. I guess that stuff we watch TV is not always true. I've seen shows where the DVD gets blown up and they still seem to be able to get data out of it.

Hey I'm just getting started, on Sunday we had a total of 13 people here to watch the New Orleans and Minnesota playoff game only to find out that our AT&T U Verse decided to freeze up and or get a pixelated picture which was so bad that you could not make out anything. Considering everything was fine up to game time since I had no problem watching the earlier game before people came over. After being on the phone with them we finally saw a little bit of the fourth quarter and the overtime. Thank goodness we had a fun bunch of people because we certainly didn't see much of the game. I planned on having a Super Bowl party here to but after last weekend it may be tough to get people to show up.

And let's add one more thing, when I woke up this morning, if it's still dark out I always turn on the TV and guess what didn't work this morning. So I guess it's safe to say that the electronics easily won over me.

As far as what else is happening, I'm halfway through my second jigsaw puzzle, I won my first game of chess playing online against a friend. I think he took me a little too lightly for our first match, And I'm sure that this will be a tougher match which we just started on Monday.

Also, my son-in-law Jack will be going down to Miami to do a video on the Super Bowl. This will be the fourth of the high five series of videos that he does for the website Funny or Die, which he will have finished by the Friday before the Super Bowl. So if you wish to see this one, or any of the previous ones go to the website and see them, just don't ask me how to do it based on the above information.

POGO

No comments:

Post a Comment