Friday, May 7, 2010

Reader's Digest update

This will be a short one, there is still a lot going on, but I cannot discuss it at this time, but so far it is all good news.

In sporting news, we lost a doubleheader last night even though we scored over 30 runs. Our defense was ugly are baserunning was even uglier, otherwise we looked good. But that may be related to our uniforms which came in real handy last night, when the power went out just before the game was to start, but thanks to our glow-in-the-dark shirts no one really noticed. Plus it takes about a half hour for the lights to come back on so our double-header didn't start till approximately 8:45 PM. there is always plenty of ammunition for ripping on the players when you play like we do. That is one of the perks of being disabled and not playing anymore is that you can spend 100% of your time making fun of the guys without worrying about being one of the victims yourself. It was a cold night, so I had layers of clothes on, plus was wrapped in a blanket, if I had feathers sticking out of the back of my head, I would've looked like a chief of an Indian tribe.

Sue has been doing well, thanks again to the people who have been helping me which is taking the pressure off of her. Plus she'll get another two weeks of from me when I take off for Mexico on May 17, which I'm really looking forward to.

In medical news, I got my latest MRI results back and it showed slight improvement and stability, no new growths this time around. This is probably a results of the AVASTIN, which is one of the few therapies I said I would take, because based on my research, it works very well for the type of cancer I have, has little or no side effects and is not a true chemical like most chemotherapy treatments. I've had no side effects and it seems to be working. Hopefully, with the treatment I will be getting in Mexico, we will get this cancer under control and once again I will be will be victorious, just like I planned.

Family news. Our son Brad is almost done with this semester in TV and video production. The kids been very busy between school full-time, six projects that he is working on, which also includes his TV show which will be aired shortly on Channel 36, plus even working with an LA crew on some show in Racine. The kid leaves the house between 430 and 5 AM and gets back sometime after we are long in bed. The only reason we know he still alive is that when we wake up their are food wrappers and crumbs on the counter, either that or a large rodent has taken up occupancy in our home.

This morning I got new batteries for my electric wheelchair plus good instructions on charging the battery and how far I can go before I run out of juice so I should be able to get around pretty good this summer from my home port.

Well that's all I got for now, as usual feeling great and in great spirits. Looking forward to a fun summer.

POGO

No comments:

Post a Comment