Sunday, May 16, 2010

POGO TO BE EXPORTED TOMORROW

Tomorrow morning, my daughter, Lisa and I, "will be leaving on a jet plane and we do know when will be back again (May 31). this'll be a lot nicer trip then the Cleveland adventure. Should come back in the same condition that I left with hopefully a lot less cancer cells. We are bringing some games and some DVDs to pass the time for the few times I will not be in treatment, plus we're going to do a little sightseeing on the weekends.

In the world of sports, we did not lose at softball last week, mostly due to the fact that our game was rained out. And to celebrate our first non-losing week, my daughter, Jesse is having a party at our house, since I'll be out of town and Sue will be up in Door County with her sister and brother-in-law. Any beer in the house should be gone by the time I get back, which is okay, because I' m not supposed to have any alcohol anyway. And for Sue's benefit, we know the house will get cleaned.

Also in the world of sports, my son, Brad will be back in the state tennis league team and may actually get to practice this weekend, if he can work around his filming schedule. Speaking of which we finally get to see his half-hour show, which he put on my laptop computer, since he didn't get a chance to DVR it since he was so busy. I was very impressed, but then again that did that surprise me. The kid has a lot of talent and loves what he's doing. I'm sure he's going to be famous, so I need to stick around as long as possible so I can say"that's my boy".

In the world of entertainment, Sue and the cats kept me entertained one night when they were playing a game of cat and mouse. The cats had found a mouse in the house and as usual we're just playing with it, but Sue wanted them to kill it before bedtime because she was afraid that the cats would bring their prize into her bed that night. The best thing about this was while they cats are chasing the mouse, Sue had a ceramic bowl and was trying to trap it under the bowl, the only problem with this was when the mouse would switch directions and come towards Sue which caused her to run a way from the attacking mouse. This went on for about a half an hour and was pretty funny to watch. They did eventually kill the mouse before she went to bed however they were still playing with it and we don't know what happened to the mouse. So either it became cat poop, or if we smell something funny we will at least know where to look.

There is also a good chance that I may have sold my practice but won't know for sure until Monday, May 17, which happens to be the date that I'm leaving for Mexico. We were in on this as far as the details go till late Friday afternoon of last week. It's all up to the banks right now and hopefully the way it was designed it will not be a problem. I've been working 12 to 14 hour days trying to get this done plus also working behind the scenes at the office. Working that much is not good for the healing process, plus I was only getting 3 to 5 hours sleep each night. So this two weeks off and being out of the country could not have come at a better time.

Should have quite a bit to report when I get back. Looking forward to a long hot summer.

Will report back in the first week of June, until then everyone have a good time.

POGO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pogo & Sue:

    Did you hear the mouse singing, "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail" and "I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail"--El Condor Pasa, Simon & Garfunkel?
    We're sure that Sue was not retreating in fear--by running away, she was luring the mouse in for the "nail" episode--shrew(ed)tactics! Good job! So, this morning you were "leaving on a jet plane", we will "smile for you" and know that your flight was great and you arrived safely. --Eric & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things went well... I've been watching for an update. I was a dental patient of yours - you did a great job on my invisaligns. : )

    I remember hearing from a member of your staff that you had been diagnosed with a brain tumor and feeling so awful about it-you always made me smile and are just one of those people who are so darn likeable!

    I found your blog a couple of weeks ago after being more curious about your situation since my dad was diagnosed with the same kind of tumor in March. It's been a very tough road - he's already had 2 surgeries and is mentally not himself, nor physically. It's very hard to see my dad not be the same person he was just a few months ago. . . I am glad that things didn't progress for you as quickly as for my dad and that you are able to still enjoy life.

    Thinking of you and your family and wishing you all the best.

    Lisa Thompson

    ReplyDelete