Sunday, May 2, 2010

LATEST UPDATE IN POGO WORLD

A lot of good things are happening now. First of all, the weather's been getting nice, so I am getting a chance to get outside. Which brings us to our opening day softball game. We started with a pre-party at the Nick's place, which can always be a little scary because you never know what Nick will come up with. But he did great this time by coming up with the new team uniforms which is right up with my designer clothes. If you would like to see the team photo, go to www.zubaz.com and check out the gallery for photo. As most of you know, Zubaz have been the clothes of my choice for probably the last 30 years. So it's always nice to be recognized as the fancy dresser that I am. As far as the game goes which is a distant second to having a good time, we lost 6 to 5, which for us is pretty good. You can see that they miss the power of the Pogo, but I was there to keep score in the running banter of verbal abuse to the team members. And by the way, it was probably the nicest day we had in years for an opening day game. They didn't even have to close the roof.

On Saturday, May 1, we went to my daughter's place to celebrate my grandsons second birthday. He was on his best behavior, and again it was another nice day so we
to be out on the back patio. This year he was able to open all his presents by himself and of course once they were opened, he didn't want to get to another present, he wanted to open the box with the toys in it, so he could play with it right away. I can't argue with that, because that is what I would do to. He also survived the dreaded singing of happy birthday, which in the past he would cry, but did okay this time, which could mean one of several things, we are getting better at singing, or he may have a hearing disorder, or at the ripe old age of two, he can now put up with us. He didn't want anything to do with blowing out the candle or eating the cake, but for the whole day he was a terrific two, and not a terrible two.

Sue has been doing much better since we got her on staycation, which is our word for staying home and not worrying about me too much. We've had tremendous help from relatives and someone from our support group. They have been taking me to my doctor appointments, my aqua therapies, my office and other places that I needed to get to. There is not enough thanks to give to these people for how much they have helped out.

This coming Friday, I will be getting a new battery and tuneup on the electric wheelchair, which will give me the freedom to cruise around and hopefully not get stuck somewhere and end up waving to every car that goes by.

As far as I go, I am still the Pogo, and am in great spirits and enjoying life in a new way. The only thing I got going on now is this sore my lower leg, which is hopefully close to being better and my left elbow which looks like something from a zombie movie, except that I feel the pain and I am pretty sure that zombies don't.

Saving the big news for last, my daughter and I will be leaving for Mexico on May 17, for my cancer treatment. The clinic is in Baja Mexico along the ocean and we will have access to a resort, so hopefully my daughter can use this as a little vacation time also. I will be pretty much in treatment Monday through Friday and pretty much the whole day, but they said on weekends that they have a driver that can take us on some sightseeing tours. So I'm really looking forward to this and again will report back after the trip, but there still should be a few blogs before I leave.

pogo

1 comment:

  1. Terrific team photo--you all seem to glow in the dark. We think that Zubaz pants should be called Pogo pants. It seems backwards. We see you in the front row of the first picture, and think a Pogo wheelchair should have those special hydraulic shocks so that it can go up and down as you travel. Nice to hear that Sue is doing better--Hi Sue : ) Nice phrase--Terrific Twos--we liked that. Happy Cinco de Mayo today! You need to appreciate these holidays in preparation for Mexico. We hope you will post more. --Eric & Patty

    ReplyDelete