Friday, March 19, 2010

happy birthday pogo

Well I made it to the ripe old age of 56, chronically speaking, but mentally I'm still 12 years old. My wife plans on taking me to movie today, and Sunday the family is coming over for laughs and celebration.

I actually found what I want for my birthday, which I'm giving to myself. I plan on going to Germany where they have the top cancer clinics in the world, and also use it for vacation and sightseeing. I recently sent in for some reports on the top cancer clinics in the world, and Germany is head and tails far superior as far as there knowledge of cancer and therefore have safer, more effective treatment modalities with no side effects and no poisoning of your system with drugs and radiation and surgery.

I will briefly describe what I had just learned.

First of all, let me tell you about some of the people that decided against traditional American treatment for cancer. In 1983, Pres. Ronald Reagan opted to go to Germany cancer clinic instead of being treated by the standard way in the US, and we all know he survived and died of old age. Others include Cher, Suzanne Somers, George Hamilton, red buttons and Liz Taylor, all of whom were cured without all the side effects. Most of these people were considered terminal by US doctors and yet were completely cured. What really wakes you up is when executives at organizations such as the American Cancer Society, and the FDA, or their relatives come down with cancer, they go to the German clinics even though they strongly recommend that you get traditional American treatment to the public. And do you ever notice, that the doctors here like to let you know how much time you have left and not how to get better. They say it cost $350,000 to die of cancer in America, while at the German clinics you can take off the last two zeros and have a better chance of survival with no side effects. The clinics are more like bed and breakfast and very positive, plus are in some of the most scenic areas.

What I learned that I did not know before is that the tumor is the last manifestation of cancer and that is why most people have relapses because they are treating the tumor and not the cancer which involves the whole body. So when you know all there is to know about cancer as far as how it works, then the treatments can be designed to be conservative and yet effective instead of just blasting everything like they do here. There are still life style changes that have to be made when you get back, but they will help with recommended treatment and who to contact for that when you get back home. Because again the point is to completely get rid of the cancer and not have it come back every so often.

So I cannot think of a better birthday present to give myself than this. After all if I am going to live to be 100, so I have to do something proactive.

Looking forward to a lot more birthdays.

pogo

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! (albeit belated, from your *slow* friends : ) Germany sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Your research sounds very interesting. Another musical in the works--Annie, and now, Sound of Music : ) Bring your guitar, and remember, if you skip over to Austria, do not, we repeat, do not pick the Edelweiss, it is a protected species : )
    --Eric & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, You are inspiring. Keep that wonderful attitude! Enjoy your trip & keep on blogging!
    Fred & Kathy Ritzman

    ReplyDelete