Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BUENOS DIAZ AMIGOS,PART 2

The Mexican trip started on Monday morning May 17, with a four hour flight to San Diego and I am sure glad that it was not a four hour and one minute trip, because I stretched my bladder to the limit, And with all the turbulence, there was no way to make it to the bathroom without taking a header( note the double meaning)when I called to make the reservations, I asked if there were any wider seats and needed to be close to the bathroom. I was told that all the seats were the same and the bathrooms are at the back of the plane. When I got there, they said he should have requested to sit up front with the seats were wider and closer to the bathroom, obviously not everyone who works for the airlines know their planes but it still worked out okay.

My daughter Lisa was my companion on the trip, who was willing to sacrifice two weeks away from her son and husband to help me out. I could not have asked for a better person to come with me. She took great care of me and thanks to her organization skills and few years of high school Spanish, she was invaluable. Even though most of the people spoke English, she was helping the staff and the other patients learning each other's language. Her organizational skills came in handy for transition to our home care program, to make sure that we followed all the rules and have everything we need when we got back. There is not enough ways to thank her for all that she did for me.

Our driver whose name was Jesus, took us from the airport to the clinic in Tijuana, and was a great guy and a great tour guide. When we first pulled up in front of the clinic, our first reaction was what did we do. The building was nice, but the neighborhood looked a little questionable. All the buildings were right next to each other with no space between adjacent buildings and where there were no buildings was basically a cement border with a wire fence that was filled with garbage and weeds. It was right across the street from the ocean which they are presently fixing up. Because they don't have a disability act there, it made my stay a little more difficult, but with the help of the staff and other patients and their companions, I was able to get from one floor to another which required going up about 45° inclines and they were also slippery, but no one got injured and it was entertaining watching two or three people play slip and slide.

Our concerns about the clinic location were quickly dispelled when we met some of the other patients there, who some of have remarkable results in the short time that they were there.

On the first day it took about four hours to fill out the registration and complete medical history, I have never seen such a comprehensive medical history before, this was followed by an extremely comprehensive examination by three doctors which lasted about two hours each and they went over all the questions on the health history to, they didn't miss a thing and addressed everything and treated before even talking about the cancer. Based on the information that they gathered and the type of cancer I have and the aggressiveness of this type of cancer, they came up with the treatment plan which was pretty much all day long for everyday I was out there

Most of my treatment time was spent with IV therapy, which included a four hour drip of vitamin C and Selenium and a one hour drip of Aloe which were designed to improve my immune system so it was easier to fight the cancer cells, the other IV therapy was called POLY MVA and was given at a stronger dose, which is designed to kill the cancer cells. I have to wait one hour between IVs, so this occupied about eight hours a day. Other treatment I had their for improving my immune system, included supplements, infrared sauna for a half hour per day,lymphatic stimulation to make sure there is no blockage in my lymphatic system, and ozone therapy, which was given through the IV port to hyper oxygenate the blood cells, drinking eight glasses of high alkalinity water. Other treatment to treat the cancer cells specifically included localized hyperemia, and a vaccine that was made from my urine which involves a shot in my butt once a week. We also do direct infrared therapy over the cancer area, two times a day for 15 minutes. We affectionately call this iguana treatment because it reminds us of a lizard in an aquarium with a heat lamp on it. The great thing about all these treatments is that there is no side effects and they don't damage normal cells, unlike chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery.

Also,I am on a restricted diet, which really isn't that bad, of course I got spoiled by the chefs there because they made everything very tasty. The diet consists mainly of organic food which includes a lot of freshly made juices, vegetables, fruits, raw organic nuts, rice, beans, whitefish, salmon, the no-no's are any processed foods, sugar, caffeine, red meat. A typical breakfast includes a glass of juice, a cup of special tea, oatmeal, or something similar, organic eggs, fruit. Lunch and dinner are fairly similar, which include a salad, fruit juice, fruit, vegetables, and soup.
A small price to pay, if you want to survive.

The treatment doesn't end there, it continues with their home care program, which is pretty much the same as what I was having done their, so you can see it is pretty much a full-time job I also have weekly consults to make sure that I'm following the program and get any questions answered that I may have.

My daughter was thoroughly trained on how to do everything and has been training as many people here as possible. We are checking on having a nurse come in and help out to take some of the pressure off my daughter and wife, so they can get along with their normal life again. We are also checking out some chefs to prepare meals ahead of time which would also help out my wife quite a bit, because I know this is tough on her.

So before I can move on, I'm waiting for the next two big events in my life, which is the sale of my practice and my MRI results. Everything else is on hold until then.

Adios

el POGO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pogo: Wow, so much happening. Scarey, comforting, interesting, busy, positive. We are glad you were treated well--being carried up and down stairs was OK, but the flying carpets at St. Lukes was not! --Eric & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog so much, and there are just some differences with others'. Hope there will be more wonderful things in your blog. This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it. POGO support related problems by YouTube Experts, Call +1-800-231-4635 USA (Toll Free)

    ReplyDelete