Friday, April 2, 2010

Making it a Good Friday

After spending yesterday in telephone purgatoryfor about six hours and getting absolutely nothing done, I've decided to take the entire day off. The first thing on my list for today, is enjoy the day and absolutely no office work. So far so good. Nothing too big to report, just a lot of little things.

I finally got to meet the new staff member that I had hired on February 10 and looks like I made a great decision. I also got to meet the doctor who will hopefully being taking over my practice if we can work out the details, but at this time it looks very promising. His name is Dr. Matt Langewisch, who has been working for me since the beginning of March through a temp agency. The staff love him, the patient's love him, he does excellent dentistry, he does cosmetic dentistry, plus he does a few things that I used to refer out such as molar root canals, extractions, among other things. He's very personable, has a good sense of humor and has a similar philosophy that I have. The only difference between us is that he is younger and better looking, but I'm still funnier. Otherwise we are twins, which may be a cheap shot towards him, but a complement to me. Anyway I hope everything works out, I have a lot of work ahead of me to make this happen.
By the way, we had this little meeting at Ricardo's, which is probably the first time that I've been there since my daughter used to work there which was probably eight years ago. The pizza was as great as ever and I know I over ate. I also broke down and had my first beer in over a year. I also found out that I didn't miss it that much, and still prefer water over beer, which is a big change for a person whose nickname used to be Pabst.

A few blogs ago I mentioned about going to Germany for some cancer treatments. I have e-mailed them and they responded within two weeks, in fact they had a group of doctors that got together and they already have a treatment plan and just needed my latest MRI report which I faxed out yesterday. I mentioned about being on the AVASTIN, in fact I just had my second infusion with that yesterday and again no side effects. They said that AVASTIN was one of the few promising things for treating the type of cancer I have, which is good to hear. So right now, I'm on a wait and see what happens before I know what the next step is.

I am also checking into a motorized scooter or wheelchair, so I can get around a lot faster and enjoy the summer. It is not something that I would use all the time, but rather something like walking with my wife and grandson to the park or for trips so I can get around easier without relying on somebody being around that would have to push me. But I still plan doing mostly walking for short trips when there is no time constraint.

Since today it is supposed to be close to 80 degrees, I have my shorts on for the first time in a long time and boy it feels good. I plan on going outside a little bit today, even taking a walk outside but I'm a little leery of the unevenness of the sidewalks and don't want to end up kissing cement. Otherwise, I will sit in the back yard and work on crossword puzzles and sodukos.

I also finished my train jigsaw puzzle, which took probably close to two months to finish, because being colorblind all of the colors look the same to me. But now I've started a puzzle that my daughter gave me for my birthday which was her family wedding picture, which is a lot of fun to put together since you know the faces in the puzzle. When done I'll glue it together and hopefully will find a spot in the house to hang it up. My next puzzle, will be of my grandson in which we would do the same thing. So am looking forward to doing that one too.

I will be getting out a few times this month for dinner with friends, so all in all it's a great start to springtime.

That's about the end of the excitement for this week, if that is what we want to call it.

Until next week

pogo

3 comments:

  1. Your positive attitude and outlook truly are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For electronic wheels you might consider the ride Jim McMahon had in the Boost Mobile Shuffle ad during the last superbowl: www.unwronged.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the positive attitude and we continue to pray for your full recovery.

    ReplyDelete