Monday, March 9, 2009

a big thank you card

It is time to stop focusing on me for a blog and instead thank all the people out there that have helped me and my family through that first difficult month. Knowing that I have so many people that care about us is truly energizing and rewarding. It helps keep me strong.. So I don't miss anybody, my thank yous will be in general terms, and I'll let everybody that reads this decide where they fit in. That way, I hope I will not offend anybody. You can qualify for multiple thank you's, but I will not have a bonus system for extra points.

I want to thank all the people that have prayed for us. Having the big guy on your side is a tremendous amount of help. The more, the merrier.

I want to thank all the people that have called me, e-mail me, and visited me, at the hospital and at home. It really lifts my spirits, even though they're probably hitting the ceiling already.

I want to thank all the people that have brought over meals and other types of food. This has definitely helped my wife to take some of the pressure off of her about trying to feed us. The food has really been good to. My appetite is great and I've got to try a lot of things that I have never had before.

An extra big thanks to my staff at the office. As difficult a situation that this has been, they rallied together to make sure the office kept going. Not only did they keep it going, they maintained quality of care to patients and made sure that the new doctors were a good fit for the practice, by having very similar philosophies and personalities. This definitely helped make me more comfortable while I was recovering at home.

I want to thank all the people behind the scenes, insurance agents, financial consultants, accountants, and lawyers who have made sure that all the details are taken care of.

Special thanks to my practice consultants who have put in a lot of overtime to make sure that the practice keeps improving.

I want to thank all the people that have sent me info related to what I'm going through as far as treatment, nutrition, and other things that may be related. Anything I can do to improve my odds, I will do.

And last but not least, I want to thank my family. They have been awesome. We've been having a lot of fun and they are in good spirits. Family means everything to me.

Hopefully, I covered everyone If I inadvertently left someone out, I apologize.

Thanks again to everyone out there.

POGO

No comments:

Post a Comment