Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy belated birthday

Happy birthday to me,
happy birthday to me,
happy birthday dear Pogo,
happy birthday to me. (and many moooooore)

On Thursday, March 19th, I had my 55th birthday. Now since I really don't keep track of the calendar anymore, except for appointments on specific dates, I didn't even realize that I had a birthday that day. I did have a few people wishing me a happy birthday, but if it wasn't for them, I would have gone through the whole day without realizing it. It was a particularly busy day from about 3 AM to 11 PM. Just another typical day, which is why I think I forgot about it.

Now we did celebrate my birthday on Saturday. I kept it simple by just having my mom, the kids, and their significant others, and of course the Parker. It was a nice day, and we got to play a little testicle toss. Chef Jack, my son-in-law, made one of his great meals, combined with my other daughter, Jesse and her fiancé bringing Olive Garden salad and bread rolls. It was goooood. The rest of the evenings entertainment was provided by Parker, who really knows how to captivate an audience with his antics and playfulness.

Now getting back to the double five, the 55th birthday. As usual, this is a chronological number and has nothing to do with how old I feel or how old I think I am. For those of you who know me well, I have been 12 years old since I was 12 years old. Why 12 years old you ask? It is a time in your life in which there are little worries. When you're 12 years old, all you want to do is play and have fun. That is something that I've always done. Now what makes number 12 unique and also very important to have is that if you have a slight case of dyslexia, you become 21 years old and therefore allowed the freedoms of being an adult which can come in handy for fun nights out on the town.

What would a birthday be without having a birthday wish list. (now there may be some of you out there who will be able to help me with this wish list, so if you have some connections or ideas, I'd appreciate it.)

1. 55 more birthdays. After all I'm only 12 years old. I'm also 112% sure that I'm going to get rid of that little inconvenience that is in my brain.

2. Being socially active.( sounds like I'm spreading a disease) One of my greatest joys are hanging out with people and having a lot of laughs. Some of these places involve clubs, which require membership dues. Cash flow is a temporary problem with not being able to generate income from the office at this time, plus added medical bills, among other things. It will get better. I don't want charity or cash contributions. I just don't want to be a prisoner and not enjoy being with all my friends. I've got time, so I can probably help out at the club's, with any type of volunteer work needed.

3. Any connections with free passes to movies, events, plays, etc. for my wife and I. I figure if they are open seats anyway we would not be putting anybody out.

As always, I want to thank everyone out there for all their prayers and positive thoughts. It is truly rewarding to have so many people in your corner.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated # 55, Pogo. Sounds like you had a great day with your family , which is the best gift you can have. Hope to see you around the old neighborhood again soon on another one of those 75 degree days. Take care, Dick

    ReplyDelete