Sunday, March 15, 2009

The gray matter still works, except for computers.

For those of you who thought I may have slipped into a coma since I've been blog free for the past several days, I'm happy to report that I'm still alive and kicking. My intent was there, however my ability to get onto my blog was impaired, not for medical reasons, but for this guy ain't too bright when it comes to computers reasons. My son-in-law, (Cletis, my man) saved me once again. It is tough getting help at 2 AM, so I didn't get this straightened out until yesterday. I also found out that people may have been sending me comments, but I have not received any. He did some of his button pushing things, so hopefully the comments will start coming through and hopefully I'll be able to answer them. I've tried for over an hour each one of those days to try and get onto the blog thinking I was doing the exact same thing I was doing before, but nothing was showing up. And of course it was something extremely simple. Somehow I got signed out and it kept asking me if I wanted to create a new blog which was something totally different than the pogo blog. What I didn't see was a little area to sign in again. Boy, that made a difference. So in the words of Jack Nicholson, "I'm back." For those of you who sent comments, you may want to try your luck again and we will see if it works.
A quick up-to-date on my current physical and mental condition. Positive mental attitude is still well above 10 on a 1 to 10 scale. Sense of humor well above 10, on a scale of 1 to 10. Mentality, always been questionable even before this all happened.
Have gone through two weeks of chemotherapy, and a eight radiation treatments, and have not noticed any of the side effects which basically include fatigue and weakness. I got my strength training routine down which I do every other day. I got it down to a fine science which takes about an hour and 15 minutes a day and really pushes me. I also try to do cardiovascular workouts every day whether it's long walks or just anything to get the heart cranking. I still have a ton of energy and have been sleeping a little better. Earlier in the week, I was trying the two beers and two Tylenol PM technique which would give me 4 to 5 hours of solid sleep. I have weaned myself off the Tylenol PM, but not off the beer. I figured I had a choice so what the heck. This is not a nightly thing, only when there something social going on.. The only thing you may notice is different, is that my cheeks are fatter from the steroids, and I'm not talking about my ass, so I will not take offense to people calling me hamster boy, chipmunk cheeks, Jowls( A Peter Benchley Book), or Puff Daddy.
On the social front, myself and three other people had courtside tickets to the Bucks game on Tuesday. Had a great time even though they lost. It's amazing how big those guys are that close up, and it was a great view of those dancing young gals. And if you want to put something into the Ripley's believe it or not, the person sitting behind me noticed that I was wearing Zubaz, not that that is unusual that somebody would notice me wearing this, but he was part of the company that designed and made them and he also talked about bringing them back again. I told them if you need a spokesperson, I'm your man. However I noticed he wasn't wearing any. They got to have faith in their products. On Friday, I went to a surprise birthday party for a friend of mine who turned 65, which was at TGIF at Miller Park. Had a lot of laughs, great food, and a few beers and the most challenging part of the night was figuring out how to get home based on alcoholic consumption of the people that were left. I was probably in the best shape of everybody but I'm not supposed to drive but everything worked out okay since I'm obviously talking to you now. Yesterday I took a four hour walk with my mom. I would've kept going but her feet were getting tired. She's a pretty good power walker and has the energy but her feet get sore from swelling if she goes to long. It also gives us some quality time together.
Everyone have a great day, I know I will.

POGO

3 comments:

  1. Don't do that again....welcome back roger A

    ReplyDelete
  2. For more parties, BobMan Hurst is having his annual St. Patrick's Day get-together at Champion's Pub (just north of North Ave on the east side of the river). (For the mentally challenged - St. Pat's is on the 17th - every year in fact.) I've got a full class schedule that day or overwise might have stopped by. I wore my kilt last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich...great to see you at Miller Park TGIF Birthday Party. I think the Brewers will be sending you a bill for your sliding exhibition at home plate...Frank

    ReplyDelete