Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Parker Pill-Miracle Cure

Medicines come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. They are designed to take care of a particular problem and usually have some side effects. And like all medicines, you somehow have to get it into your system through IV's, IM's, drops, inhalers, orally or any available orifice(ouch). With these medicines, it only helps the person that is taking it.

However, the Pogo's have a secret weapon, a miracle cure, which I have appropriately named,"The Parker Pill". It is a little larger than the standard size medicines, being approximately 20 inches long and about 20 pounds. You definitely don't want to use any of the above methods to take this type of medicine. This is one of the pluses of this type of medicine is that it only has to be present for it to work(although you could eat it up). Not only does this miracle cure help the patient, but its real strength lies in helping the people that are closest to me, especially my wife.

Now let's face it, this poor gal has been tortured for the past 30 years just because she has been married to me. No matter if it's somebody I just met or somebody that I have known for a long time, the most common and consistent phrase that I hear is that, "your wife must be a saint". Who can argue with a statement like that. After all, POGO, could be considered just a little bit different than most people. And now we add insult to injury by having what I call this little inconvenience of a brain tumor. I know this has been extremely tough for her, especially the first month. I believe it's a lot tougher on my wife than it is for me. After all, she is doing all the worrying, while I'm just being myself.

This is where the power of the Parker Pill comes in. When you get the proper dosage of the Parker pill, which is usually taken one to three times per week, or as needed, it lifts her spirits, and gives her that booster shot which can be a great stress relief. And the Parker Pill has a cumulative effect in that the more exposure you get, the greater you feel. I think it's safe for us to say that the timing and the positive effects of the Parker pill is definitely a miracle.

Let's talk research and development. The inventor of the Parker pill was my daughter Lisa, and her husband Jack. It took nine months to develop and went into production on May 1, 2008. There were some minor glitches in the earlier months( town crier), but that has long past. The pill now comes in the active form, always on the move whether it's crawling at warp speed or walking along the furniture and walls, rearranging the cabinets, playing with TV remotes, cameras, and phones( he's a high-tech kid, he will only plays with the real thing). He's a good natured little guy and has the face of a Gerber baby. I think this is a fine example of superior breeding and I'm sure it starts with the grandparents.

Yesterday was a great day for my wife and I. It was 70°, and we had the parker pill. We took a long walk to the park, he had his first experience on a swing and loved it. We then walked through our old neighborhood and stopped off at our old next door neighbors home. They have a whole herd of grandchildren, and we got to meet the youngest who was four months old. We sat on their rocking chairs on their deck, with me rocking the Parker pill and having a nice conversation. It reminded me a lot of the old Andy Griffith show, where they would be sitting on the front porch and having a laid-back conversation. Who would've thought two months ago that I would be doing something like this and enjoying it after the lifestyle I led. Well, all I can say is, "say hey to Goober".

6 comments:

  1. The Parker Pill, I love it! Being a writer, I have to say that I am impressed with your literary skills! Creative, entertaining and well-written! Hope to see ya soon,
    Appleton/Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know whenever you need the dosage increased. :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I had to find out from "the bat" that you have a blog. And she doesn't even have a computer! Sort of made your Facebook account worthless.

    Oh, BTW. Happy Birthday Bro!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was Great to see you , Sue and Parker strolling through the Old neighborhood that day in the beautiful 75 degree weather. Pogo, you are a true inspiration to all of us. God bless. Your old neighbor, Dick

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Parker Pill sounds great! I love how you write about it. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pogo what's up?? I just got the info about the blog from officer Anderson. We were in his house drinking Jack Daniels and trying to break his leaase, by cranking up an Erik Clapton DVD. He his sub-woffers that can loosen stool!

    Any way, besides the health crap it sounds like you and I arrived at the same "ah ha" point regarding our childern's children.

    I find myself wondering aimlessly between work and home just waiting for the times I am allowed an audiance with any of them!

    Thinky, Stinky, Blinky, Techy and Taz, who are in reality Payton Bond, Bodi Bond, Makii Bond, Reece Pfisterer and Alex Pfisterer.

    A length story behind each "handle" but every hour with with any of them seems like a second!

    Why did it take us so long to find out about this fun??!! You guest it it's all our kids falt, AGAIN!!!

    Pogo, keep taking your "Pill" and keep coming up with memerable clothing combos.

    Bond Bill Bond

    ReplyDelete