Tuesday, March 10, 2009

hodgepodge

Not that the silver-toungue sleuth that I am is running out of topics, it is just that I had so much to talk about and catch up on, on the first set of blogs. So they may be a lot shorter in duration, but I still want to send them out daily so you all know that I'm still here.
After getting my standard one-hour sleep on Saturday night, I cheated, and took one Tylenol PM( not PMS) and actually slept from about 10 PM until 6 AM with only a couple pee breaks. I was amazed how short the days are when they don't start at midnight. That was about a week's worth of sleep for me and so now I'm back to normal with my one hour of sleep. I have to make sure that I take the right pill , since they are both blue, but the other one literally" keeps me up all night".

what is pogo up to.
I am spending more and more time at the office. Even though I'm not doing dentistry anymore, I'm almost putting in as much time as if I were.. Presently, I'm there about 15 hours on weekends, plus another 4-8 hours during office hours, plus an additional 5 to 10 hours a week at home going over management issues, among other things.
I have gotten back into strength training using my bow flex. I've customized a workout, which takes about an hour and a half a day and is to help counteract the effect of the radiation therapy which can cause muscle atrophy. The tricky part was designing a workout that would utilize one working hand on the right side and adapting the left-hand which has no tactile sense and very little control. But the strength doesn't seem to be an issue. I can definitely tell that I'm not quite as strong as I was before. But I will get there.
With only one good hand, it takes a lot longer to do things( okay you guys I heard those dirty thoughts), so that also eats up a little time. Thank goodness for Zubaz pants, if I had to try and unzip for all the trips to the bathroom, I would be wearing Depends.
I also get to have some quality time with my grandson, Parker. I get to see him at least 2 to 3 times a week which is a luxury I never would have had without this free time.
I'm also at the hospital five days a week for radiation therapy and occasional doctor visits plus I'm always roaming the halls there talking to people that I met when I was in the hospital and meeting new people going through the same treatment that I am keeping them entertained.
I'm getting out a lot more and it would be nice if the weather would start cooperating.
I still have a lot of energy and never seem to be bored. I probably watch less TV now than I did before, and when I do watch TV, usually early evening, that is when I get my sleep. Now how come you can fall asleep sitting on the couch, with the head bobbing and the snoring and the bad posture, and yet when you go upstairs to a nice comfy bed and you're already half asleep, nothing happens. If anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly take them. I prefer not to rely on either blue pill.

POGO

No comments:

Post a Comment